Löysät pois Wednesday, February 21, 2007Posted by Sami Oinonen in kuluttaminen.
- An average door is closed 79 percent of its lifetime.
- An average person spends six minutes a day in hesitant speech, using words such as “um” or “er”.
- 99.91 percent of ingredients in all hair shampoo sold in the US is the same, despite the over 1000 percent price difference between the least expensive and most expensive brand tested.
- The average number of warning labels per product in the U.S. has increased from 0.18 in 1956 to 17.9 in 2006
- Potato chip makers have out-performed every other sector of the snack food industry in yearly growth since 1932.
- The average female looks at herself in a mirror 9.2 minutes per day. The average male looks at himself in a mirror 1.4 minutes per day.
- A 1908 Ford Model T had higher fuel efficiency than a 2007 Toyota Prius, though it only had a top speed of 45 MPH.
- Watching an hour-long soap opera burns more calories than watching a three-hour baseball game.
- 18 percent of blog posts indexed by Google blog search begin with the word “so”.
- An average Christmas tree will be transported 125 miles from where it is grown to where it is sold.
- There have been over 3.5 million patent applications submitted for mousetraps. Of these, 97 percent are rejected as being too similar to an existing product.
- 94 percent of websites have not been updated during the past week.